Doggie Cakes - Dog Bakery and Boutique in New Port Richey, Florida - will be open from 10 am - 11 pm this Saturday June 27, 2009 as the Main Street Blast - fourth of July fireworks celebration is going on downtown. Sponsored by Friendly Kia, 25,000 attendees are expected.
This St. Petersburg Times article covers all the details.
"Friendly Kiafest: A tribute to Woodstock" will start at noon and feature classic rock performed by local bands Boneyard Dogs and 60's Groove, followed by appearances by revival bands Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revival), Wholigans (the Who), Marrakesh Express (Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young), Pearl (Janis Joplin) and Jimi's Image (Jimi Hendrix)."What: Friendly Kiafest 2009: A Tribute to Woodstock
When: Noon to 11 pm Saturday - June 27, 2009
Where: Sims Park in downtown New Port Richey
Schedule of events
• Noon: Music begins on stage with Boneyard Dogs Band
• 1 pm: 60's Groove Band
• 3 pm: The Fortunate Son Band with Stan Adams
• 4 to 8 pm: Classic car cruise-in
• 4:30 pm: Motorcycle Fun Run arrives in the park
• 5 pm: Color guard/national anthem, then Marrakesh Express
• 6:30 pm: Miss Firecracker 2009 Contest
• 7 pm: Pearl
• 7:30 pm: The Wholigans
• 9 pm (after dark): Fireworks (weather and conditions permitting)
• 9:30 pm: Jimi's Image
Want to know more about Main Street or KIA FEST?
Volunteers are always welcome.