Just for Jason the Classic Honey Bagder!
- Teach your puppy manners right from the begining - Dogs will be dogs and puppies will act like puppies. You have to use positive reinforcement. Start with basic commands, get some help enroll in an obedience class or hire a trainer.
- Learn about good dog nutrition - Feed your dog a high quality food. Do some research and understand what is in the food and where it is made. Like humans, put bad and bad health will result.
- Keep up on regular veterinarian appointments - Have your dog checked out by a vet as soon as they join the family, and then follow your veterinarians recommendations on yearly check ups. Being proactive will check problems before it is to late.
- Socialize your puppy - Dogs who are exposed to a variety of people, other animals, sights, sounds while young will be less fearful of new experiences as they grow older. It is said that your dog should meet 100 people of different ages in their first 6 months. Don't forget to take them on a fun car ride. This way they will not associate the car with a trip to the vet.
- Have patience and consistency when potty training - Some will take to potty training right away, while others need more time. Be consistent in praise, time and effort and it will happen.
- Protect your dog from household hazards - Dog proof your house, by tucking electrical cords away, place household cleaners away on a high self or locked cabinet, pick up small toys or objects that could be a choking hazard and remove household plants that mat be toxic to you dog.
For over two decades, the National Chicken Council has banded together all of the major chicken producers in the U.S. to promote chicken sales in September. I says lets celebrate the chicken just for being an amazing animal. There are over 175 breeds of chicken. I think they are beautiful, so take a minute and admire some of this photos I took of some inspiring hens and rosters.
- ▼ 2012 (80)
- ► 2009 (25)